Are you concerned about the safety and long-term use of Cable trays? Are you confused who cable tray to choose for your next project? The answer is none other than FRP (Fiber-glass reinforcing Plastic) cable trays. These are widely used nowadays owing to the various benefits it comes with. FRP cable trays are made up of non-metallic base which makes them fight corrosion and abrasion.
These are less prone to electric shocks and have a long durability. These pass through a series of tests to meet the NEMA FG-1 criteria and other self-distinguishing tests before they hit the market. There is more you need to know about these FRP Cable Trays.
Manufacturing of FRP Cable Trays
FRP Cable Trays are made from a combination of straight runs and horizontal bends, horizontal tee, horizontal cross, straight reducers, left and right reducers, vertically outside and inside bends which are connected with splice plates, clamps and brackets. All these taken together are made to pass through the process of Pultrusion, where all these raw materials are pulled by continuous heated dye of steel with a pulling device, which transforms and moulds them into the desired item. Then they are cut into the desired lengths as per requirement.
There are several benefits of FRP Cable Trays over the conventional metallic ones, as mentioned below.
- Resistant to Corrosion and abrasion -Being non-metallic, they are rust free and are highly durable. They are available in different colours which add to the look.
- Shock absorbent – Being non-metallic, they are non-magnetic, shock proof and fire retardant. They are UV and salt water resistant as well.
- Strong and durable – Being light weight, they can be installed easily and everywhere, especially in marine and coastal environment. No extraordinary tools or work permit are required.
- Stability – They can survive high temperatures and can disperse heat faster. Also, they can withstand high load bearing cables. They do not shrink or swell, which makes them dimensionally stable.
- Lighter – They are light weight as compared to the traditional ones and can be easily installed and cut as per requirement.
- Low maintenance –They just need to be installed, no maintenance is required.
Where are FRP Cable Trays Used?
FRP cable trays are used in power cables, computer server rooms, chemical plants, purification plants, and oil and gas industries and to support computer and controlling cables, building construction, radar industry, building construction, metal refineries globally.
FRP Cable Trays are available in various shapes, as mentioned below:
Channel type Cable tray
These are designed with I-beam rails and are fully enclosed with a cover and ventilation points, which ensures safety from dust, water and any falling object.
These are made by joining two longitude channels with horizontally supporting rungs. They have large space and offer ventilation as well, which makes them perfect for paper mills, power plants, oil and gas industries and any exterior environment work.
These are designed with holes or perforation in the sideways and bottom of the trays, mainly for electricity distribution in power and signal cables. The holes allow sufficient ventilation, while the steel cable trays are designed such that they can support light, medium or heavy cable lines, passing through them.
Include these FRP Cable Trays in your next venture to ensure you deliver the best.