[penci_related_posts taxonomies=”undefined” title=”” background=”” border=”” thumbright=”no” number=”4″ style=”list” align=”left” displayby=”cat” orderby=”random”]
Shipping Container is a strong, substantial and reliable container, usually made up of metal, and used to store goods during shipments. They are used for the transportation of goods. Malcom Purcell McLean was known as the first American Businessman to build the modern intermodal shipping container which helped to boost transport and revolutionized the international trade.
A shipping container is a container designed to sustain heavyweights, large shipments and handling. These are reusable and resealable. In addition to this, these are now available and supplied worldwide wherever demanded. They are used in mini storage, hazardous material storage, storing government and military equipment, industrial or construction, storage, car storage, boat storage, storm shelters storage, etc.
Factors to Consider While Buying Shipping Containers:
1. How much does a Shipping Container Cost?
Generally, when buying shipping containers, the more the features required, the more expensive the container becomes. The most common size of vessels is a 20ft and 40ft shipping container. The cost usually depends upon the type and level of customization. Approximately a new container might cost in between the range of $1500 to $6000 depending upon the customizations.
For a used container in excellent condition, the cost can range from $1000 to $2800. For large volume containers, the price usually varies from anywhere between $3500 to $4500
2. What are the types of Shipping Containers?
- Dry Storage Container- The most common shipping containers are dry storage containers. They are utilized for shipping of dry materials and come in a variable size of 10ft, 20ft and 40ft.
- Flat Rack Container- The sides of these containers can be folded to make a flat rack out of it for shipping goods.
- Open Top Container- The top of these containers is convertible so that material of any height can be shipped quickly. The top can also be completely removed to make it adjustable according to the size of the goods.
- High Cube Containers- These are the one which is 300mm more elevated than the traditional or standard ones. For more storage capacity, the extra height is provided.
- Insulated or Thermal Containers- The temperature conditions inside these containers can be regulated. Food items need to be preserved when exporting over long distances. Thermal containers can be controlled so that the products do not get damaged while transporting.
3. What is a shipping container made up of?
Shipping Containers can be customized according to the user’s requirements. Using standardized methods has ensured the safety of the cargo and overall cargo carrying capacity. Mostly, shipping containers are made up of steel, aluminum, fiber, and polymer or sometimes a combination of all. They have rigid and robust walls on the top and bottom sides and are welded to the rails and end frames. Primer and paints are applied to the containers to avoid corrosion. The container bottom is made waterproof and then tested for water tightness.
While buying a 40foot shipping container for sale, always check with the material if it is high-grade or low-grade. Check if the containers are supplied from certified vendors. The containers should possess a high degree of safety and security, and any atmosphere should not affect them. They should be fully transportable and available in standard sizes.