An autoclave is a machine which uses the steam, pressure, and temperature to live. This machine uses these parameters because they are very high for any microorganisms and the spores of microorganisms. Basically, they are like pressure cookers and these are very similar to those that you see in the stores. They are used in medical applications. Generally, they are pressure chambers, which are used to carry out the process of industrial machines.
It was invented in 1884 by Charles Chambered. Also, a predecessor which is named as the steam designer that was created in 1679 by Denis Pepin. Many of the autoclaves are used in equipment sterilizing, microbiology, medicine, tattooing, body piercing, mycology, dentistry and many more segments of the industry. Depending on the media, they vary in size and functions. All the machines operate under the same principle.
Now let’s study how it works. When the autoclave starts, then the steam is pushed into the chamber and this chamber contains those items inside it which are being sterilized. The pressure and temperature are increased inside the chamber, according to the steam go inside it.
Before the activation, the air which is trapped is removed from the autoclave that is very important to ensure because this air trapped is very poor medium to achieve the sterility. First, it fills the upper area when the steam enters the chamber because the upper area is less dense than the air. And this process forces the air out through the drain and compresses the air to the bottom. And this flow is exercise by a steam trap or a solenoid valve and sometimes bleed holes are used.
Now let’s talk about horizontal autoclave. The horizontal autoclave are manufactured by scientific of bionics that are smart investments for the hospitals and the laboratories, where the required volume of the sterilization is very large. There are two types of horizontal autoclave which are given below:
- Rectangular horizontal autoclave systems
- Cylindrical horizontal autoclave systems.
These autoclaves can be customized according to the specific requirements of the customers. Here are some features which are included by these autoclaves that are mentioned below:
- The shape of these autoclaves is available in rectangular and cylindrical.
- The walled construction is double and triple.
- The capacity of the inner tank of these autoclaves is up to 240 liters and more
- It has single and double doors available in it.
- The pressure locking device of the autoclaves has automatic.
- The type of heating element is immersion.
- It has neoprene rubber gasket door seal.
- The automatic vacuum breaker is available in these autoclaves.
- It is a low water cut-off device.
- The autoclaves also have hydraulic testing up to 2.5 times working pressure.
The horizontal autoclave India contains external chamber, an internal chamber, boiler, lid, and jacket. These all are made up of 304-grade stainless steel. A three-way valve or the multiport valve is used to control the cycle of sterilization which is also made up of the stainless steel.