Find the methods to import MBOX to Mac Outlook 2016. The given approaches are also feasible for converting MBOX files to Outlook 2019, 2013, 2010 on the Mac
The Mac operating system comes with an email client called Apple Mail so that users can communicate via shared email. The “Apple Mail” email client stores all its emails in an MBOX file. Similarly, many email applications such as Thunderbird, Entourage, etc. use MBOX to store their data. If you are looking for a way to read these MBOX emails in Outlook, then you will need to convert your Mac MBOX to Outlook PST file format. This is because the MBOX file format is not supported by Outlook. Instead, it uses the PST format to store all its data including emails, contacts, calendars, notes, and tasks.
How to convert Mac MBOX to Outlook PST
There are two methods that can help you to import MBOX to Mac Outlook 2016 and other versions. The manual method is absolutely free but resides in a complicated zone for users. The automated method is simple and direct but is not entirely free. So you will need to go through both the methods and choose the one that is perfectly suitable for your needs.
Ist Solution: Manual Method
Step 1: Import all Apple Mail mailbox data into the MBOX file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open “Apple Mail” on your Mac.
- Go to the File menu and click on the “Import mailbox …” option.
- Select the program or file to import the data from the Apple Mail mailbox. Click on “File in mbox format” and click on the “Continue” button.
- Browse to find the MBOX file and select the file to convert. Then click “Select”.
- Select the data item to be imported. Click “Continue”.
- When the import process is complete, click Finish.
The result here is that all data items of the imported mailboxes are displayed in the Import section of the Apple Mail e-mail client.
Step 2: Create a mailbox using Eudora (Windows version). To do this, follow these steps:
- Add the MBOX file extension to the imported file. For example, rename “InboxMBOX” to “InboxMBOX.mbx”.
- Move the “InboxMBOX.mbx” file to the directory where Eudora stores its files. C: Documentation and settings <user> Application dataQualcommEudora.
- Run Eudora on your system. To create a mailbox, double-click the InboxMBOX.mbx file.
- Close “Eudora”.
Step 3: Import e-mail using Outlook Express.
- Run Outlook Express on your system.
- Go to the File menu and click Import >> Messages …
- Select “Eudora” in the list and click “Next”.
- Go to the path of the InboxMBOX.mbx file and click OK.
- Click Next, then click Next again.
- Click “Finish”.
Note: The imported mailbox will appear in the “Local Folder” of Outlook Express.
Step 4: Import the mailbox from Outlook Express into Outlook. Here are the steps:
- Start MS Outlook on your system. Then click on File >> Open.
- Click the Import button and go to the Import / Export Wizard.
- Select “Import Mail and Internet Addresses” and click Next.
- Select Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x or Windows Mail and click Next.
After you have performed all these steps, the Apple Mail mailbox data item will be imported into Outlook.
IInd Solution: Automated method for Simple & Fast Conversion
You can convert your Mac MBOX into a PST file format using state-of-the-art automated software tools. One of these software is the SysTools Mac MBOX Converter. It incorporates several useful features that make the conversion from MBOX to Outlook PST simple and effective.
- Convert single or multiple Mac MBOX files at once
- Create a single PST for all MBOX files or generate separate PST files for each MBOX
- Provides additional options such as filters, split PST, naming convention, etc.
- Compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and 2003
- Compatible with Mac 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10.
Working steps: First download the software, install it and run it on your Mac system. Upgrade it to the full version to unlock all features without any limitations. Now, follow the steps below to import MBOX to Mac Outlook 2016:
- Select “Add File” or “Add Folder” option as per requirement
- Now choose the desired MBOX file(s) to import in the software
- Select the “PST” option and set the saving location with “Browse” option
- Click the “Advanced Setting” button for additional features.
- Select “Create single PST” and “Split PST file” as per requirements.
- Apply “Date filters” and click “Save” to save the advanced settings
- Click on Export to start the Mac MBOX to PST conversion.
- Import the converted PST files in Mac Outlook 2016 and other versions with native Import option.
Now that you understand the two ways to convert a Mac MBOX to a PST file format and its steps, you can use both methods to your liking. However, we recommend using SysTools MBOX to PST Converter. Although it has a price, it simplifies the MBOX to PST conversion process. Furthermore, the conversion from Mac MBOX to PST is fast, users do not need to have professional knowledge or technical knowledge, which saves valuable time, otherwise, it will affect your business.