Tiles are produced in different ways using material like stone, clay, terrazzo, metal as well as quartz. Make your pick keeping in mind the size, style, utility and affordability in mind. Advantage of floor tiles rests on the following; –
- Friendly to environment
- Clean and healthful
- No pro to allergy
- Resistant to water
- Looks smooth and well assembled
- Choice is huge in hues and style.
- Maintenance is easy.
Your imagination of style can be replicated through tile flooring. It will match the décor of the room and fashion style. Some flooring ideas; –
- Marble-These are having unique identity in colours and shade variations. Buy the tiles in one go from the same batch of manufacturing. It is high on maintenance. The joints are sealed and daily cleaning with mild detergent is necessary. The floor catches stains quickly as the surface is porous. However, tiles look beautiful but are expensive and crack with little impact.
- Terrazzo tiles-It is manufactured with marble chips laid out in concrete and polished well. It is durable and if worn out can be refinished again and again. However, it has slippery surface. It is attractive elegant and lasting. Cost is on the higher side.
- Concrete– It is made from blend of stone, sand water as well as cement. It is durable, water repellent, and can be copied to look differently like patterned concrete. It is good in extreme climates. Professional mason should lay it out.
- Terra cotta tile– These have existed since antiquity. The look can vary from glazed to unglazed. They are oven-fired and baked. After layout these are sealed more so in the kitchen. When laid they look beautiful. Last a long time. Wide variation in different time bound stock.
- Porcelain– In demand for home use. A lot of choice to selection from. It needs a special compound to set it. It is tough and withstand jerks.
- Ceramic-Clay is oven fired to get this product. It is coated with a glaze. It is a lasting product. It is more popularly used in kitchen and bathroom. It is not difficult to clean it and germs do not easily settle on it. Different batches are widely different purchase the needed amount in one go. The tiles are categorized from 0-5 according to hardness. Cost is low, lasting and needs less maintenance. Size and colour vary from lot to lot.
- Slate-This tile is usually used for making roof. If properly laid out it makes lasting flooring as well. Slate is a metamorphic rock with layers. It is set on floor through mortar. Laid out tiles look pretty and are lasting. Its only drawback is tending to spilt by constant use.
- Travertine Tile-Its appearance is natural limestone look. It is as strong as stone.
- Glass tile-Its reflective surface brightens up the room. It is mostly used in bathroom and kitchen.
Rubber is a leading gym flooring choice. It is available as tiles, rolls or mats. Rubber floor mats for gym is the right answer to your requirement. It is durable, has density and easy to carry. These mats can be laid out at weightlifting station, below treadmill etc. ¼ inch tough mats are needed for bodyweight exercise. ¾ shock mats good for dumbbell exercises. Buy what you need for yourself.