This blog summarises the procedure to move Imap OST file to Outlook 2016 to new computer. We are going to discuss the step by step procedure to perform this task by using the best and ultimate OST to PST converter application.
As we know that Microsoft Outlook is the most popular and widely used email client application. This email client is used by a large number of organizations for sending and receiving emails. From MS Outlook 2013 and onwards there have been many changes how IMAP accounts are managed. In Outlook version one file managed the emails and other file stored the contacts, calendar, notes, etc and other mailbox items. In the version of Outlook 2013 and onwards only one OST file gets created for one IMAP account. No PST files get created to store to store the messages along with attachments.
User Query1: “Please help! I have a bunch of IMAP OST file in my system and now I want to move those files in Outlook version 2016. These OST files belong to some other accounts means that they are literally orphan in my system. I haven’t worked with IMAP OST files. Can anyone tell me how to move IMAP OST File to Outlook 2016 to new computer? Thanks”
User Query 2: “Though I use Microsoft Outlook 2016 application, I have some IMAP OST file with me that contains my important Gmail data, Now the major problem is those OST files become corrupt due to malware infection. I am in urgent need to move IMAP OST file to Outlook 2016. I have already tried the software to perform this task. But failed to export these corrupt OST file. So please tell how can I remove corruption and move IMAP OST file to Outlook 2016.”
Know How to Move IMAP OST File to Outlook 2016 By Using OST to PST Converter
IMAP accounts don’t create a PST file on MS Outlook 2013 and later versions. Only one OST files get created. So in case if the user wants to import the old OST file then this OST file needs to be converted to PST file format. To perform this the user can take the help of OST to PST exporter application. After converting it into PST file format the user can easily import the PST file in Outlook application. Also this utility gives many options to export the OST file data as Outlook PST / EML / MSG / HTML / PDF / Office 365. For complete information the user can try the demo version of this utility.
- First Launch the tool on your system and then add the OST file.
- If the OST file is corrupt then select the Advanced Scan mode for Scanning.
- This software will display the complete items of OST file and then click on the Export button.
- Select the file format as PST.
- Browse the destination location to save the PST file data.
- Finally, click on the Export button to start the export process.
Follow The Steps Below to Import the PST File in Outlook Application
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook 2016 application.
- Now go the File Tab and then click on Open and Export then choose Import/Export.
- From Import and Export wizard, choose import from another program or file.
- Choose the file type as Outlook PST file format and then click on Next.
- Click on browse to provide the location of the PST file to be imported and click on Next.
- Now choose the particular folder or select all subfolders option.
- Click on finish button to complete down the process.
The new age of technology has done many changes in Outlook application. Every upgrade in technology has its pros and cons. So in this article, we have discussed the problem faced by the Outlook users how to move IMAP OST file to Outlook 2016. There is no direct way to perform this task. So to perform this the user has to convert OST to PST file format. For this the user can take the help of converter application and after the user has to import the PST file in Outlook application.