Have you ever wondered how people actually survive on submarines? How underwater drilling and oiling functions take place? As we all know water and electricity do not go hand in hand. But there are critical underwater applications which require the power of electricity to keep the machines rolling and engines pumping! Submersible Flat Cables, are specially designed which makes them suitable for usage in water related projects as well as deep under water projects. Generally these submersible flat cables are insulated with a rubber coating which makes them function in water and also protect from oil, grease or any other compounds which poses a threat to the functioning of the cable under water. It is advisable to seek professional help from the leading dealers of submersible cables if you are looking for the same for your critical underwater project.
Types- Choose the right type for your project wisely as different types come with their own physical and chemical properties which make them suited to their specific expertise areas. The commonly used submersible flat type cables can be summarized as below:
- Three Core Flat Submersible Cables – These come with a lot of strength, as compared to the general ones. They are made from electrolytic copper and its conductors are insulated with a high grade PVC and its outer cover is abrasion resistant due to the presence of PVC compounds.
- Flat Submersible Cables – These are the general ones used in winding of pump motors under water.
- Pump Submersible Cables – These can be submersed deep, like in a deep well. The available sizes are from 1.5 – 50 square mm and can withstand moisture, abrasion, grease, oil and has long shelf life. These are used inAutomobile industries, Shipbuilding, Transport, Steel Plants, Railways, Refineries, Oil fields, Automatic Welding Robots, Construction and Coal Mines.
Properties- Make sure that you consult one of the leading manufacturers of Submersible Cables so that it has the best of properties and features which make them serve for long, as below:
- Their physical and chemical composition makes them functional under water and moist conditions while electric current passes through them. Also, these cables are so built that oil, grease and other liquid particles are not able to damage the cables outer or inner surface in any way.
- They are available in both Single and Multiple conductors.
- They are available in different shapes and sizes as per the requirement.
- These are generally considered for control wires and power conductors for the motor of the running water pump.
- The different conductors of the cables can be differentiated based on different colours which helps in easy identification, while the common ones are Rubber core cables and PVC Core cables among the rest.
Applications – These are highly suitable for under water environments, especially in water pumps both for domestic and commercial purposes, irrigation purposes, underground mining and drilling works on surface as well as under water drilling of oils. Their insulated rubber coated surfaces make them stand strong against heat or high current flow as well as enables them to fight against oil, grease and other impurities in the water.
Consult the leading dealers for every bit of support from choosing the exact type, installation, maintenance and after sale services. Remember, these are critical mechanical requisites hence need strict supervision and control.