If you require submersible flat cables make sure that you check for its qualities and features before buying so that you do not come across any hazards out of electric shocks. These are cables especially coated with thick insulation so that they can function under water without electric current leaking out.
Generally these submersible flat cables are insulated with a rubber coating which makes them function in water and also protect from oil, grease or any other compounds which poses a threat to the functioning of the cable under water. So, if you are looking for cables that can function in aquatic projects make sure you consult the leading and certified submersible flat cable manufacturers only. It is advisable that the below properties are present and tested for before you implement them in your project.
Properties – The features that you should look for in submersible cables are mentioned as below:
- Their physical and chemical composition makes them functional under water and moist conditions while electric current passes through them. Also, these cables are so built that oil, grease and other liquid particles are not able to damage the cables outer or inner surface in any way.
- They are available in both Single and Multiple conductors.
- They are available in different shapes and sizes as per the requirement.
- These are generally considered for control wires and power conductors for the motor of the running water pump.
- The different conductors of the cables can be differentiated based on different colours which helps in easy identification, while the common ones are Rubber core cables and PVC Core cables among the rest.
Make sure that you seek the necessary guidance from one of the leading submersible cable manufacturer to decide upon the type of submersible cable based on your project requirement. These different types come with slightly different physical and chemical properties which make them suited to their specific expertise areas. The commonly used submersible flat type cables can be summarized as below:
- Three Core Flat Submersible Cables – These have a lot of strength, as compared to the general ones. They are made from electrolytic copper and its conductors are insulated with a high grade PVC and its outer cover is abrasion resistant due to the presence of PVC compounds.
- Flat Submersible Cables – These are the general ones used in winding of pump motors under water.
- Pump Submersible Cables – These can be submersed deep, like in a deep well. The available sizes are from 1.5 – 50 square mm and can withstand moisture, abrasion, grease, oil and has long shelf life. These are used in Automobile industries, Shipbuilding, Transport, Steel Plants, Railways, Refineries, Oil fields, Automatic Welding Robots, Construction and Coal Mines.
Where are Submersible Flat Cables used – As the name suggests, they are manufactured such that they are highly suitable for under water environments, especially in water pumps both for domestic and commercial purposes, irrigation purposes, underground mining, drilling works on surface as well as under water drilling of oils. Their insulated and thick rubber coated surfaces make them stand strong against heat or high current flow as well as enables them to fight against oil, grease and other impurities in the water.
Consult the leading submersible flat cable manufacturer now to receive genuine and quality tested products for your project.