Reading this article on home remedies for shoulder pain can help you find out your favorite and effective treatments for this unexpected health problem. Take note that if the pain in your shoulder is chronic and severe, you need to talk to you doctor immediately for proper treatments.
What is Shoulder Pain?
The pain in your shoulder can happen in many muscles, tendons or ligaments around or in the shoulder. When it begins to hurt, you might find hard to focus on doing anything. In fact, shoulder pain does not spare anyone else. But, those using tablets, smartphones or laptops can be at higher risk of contracting this problem.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
There are a great number of contributing factors to this problem. However, the most common cause behind this pain is the injury in your soft tissues, such as tendons, muscles or ligaments in the shoulder. Shoulder pain can be triggered by the repetitive uses and overuse wounds.
Basically, shoulder pain is, sometimes, owing to several kinds of the injury to your bicep or neck. Another causes is arthritis, bone spurs, tendinitis, broken shoulder bones, torn cartilage, spinal cord or frozen shoulder. Besides, some certain types of disease can trigger shoulder pain, including cervical spines in the liver and the neck, gallbladder or heart diseases.
Symptoms of Shoulder Pain
If you are contracting shoulder pain, you can experience some of the following symptoms such as having difficulties in moving the tenderness and shoulder around your joint and swelling. You cure the minor pain of the shoulder by home remedies. You need to remember to visit your doctor if the symptoms become worsen.
Following are top natural home remedies for shoulder pain that should be taken into consideration.
One of the most effective home remedies for shoulder pain is cold compress. It is believed to help alleviate the pain. It is the cold temperature that can help numb your area and then reduce the pain and inflammation.
How to apply:
- Place several ice cubes in a plastic bag and get them wrapped in a thin towel
- Put it over your shoulder pain and leave it on about 20 minutes
- Perform the same process for several times on a daily basis for some days.
Note: As usual, you should not place the ice directly over the skin because it can cause the frostbite.
Epsom Salt Bath
Another impressive natural treatment for shoulder pain is Epsom Salt. The salt is loaded with magnesium sulfate that can aid in easing the shoulder pain. Epsom salt can improve your blood circulation as well as rest the shoulder muscles. Apart from that, it can be beneficial for reliving stress from your entire body.
How to apply:
- Have your bathtub filled with hot or warm water
- Place two cups of the salt into the bathtub and mix it well
- Dip your affected area into the water and leave it on for about 30 minutes
- Re-apply the same treatment for up to about thrice per week.
When it comes to a shoulder pain treatment, turmeric is a good solution. Here is the reason. The curcumin present in turmeric, which is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents. These substances can aid in reducing the swelling as well as pain.
How to apply:
- Add about two teaspoons of turmeric power to a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Apply the paste over your shoulder pain and allow it to dry
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Perform the same treatment for about two times per day till the pain disappears.
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder with a glass of milk and get it boiled
- Insert some honey to enhance the taste and consume the solution for about two times per day to speed up the healing process.
Or, all you need to do is to take in up to 450 mg of turmeric capsules for about thrice on a regular basis. But first, let’s talk to your doctor for safety reason.
Note: You should not take excessively turmeric in case you are suffering from the blood thinning medicine.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Don’t forget apple cider vinegar if you are still looking for top home remedies for shoulder pain. This kind of vinegar is loaded with anti-inflammatory and alkalizing effects that can assist in reducing inflammation as well as pain.
How to apply:
- Place about two cups of Apple cider vinegar into a bathtub of the warm water
- Dip your shoulder pain in the bathtub and leave it on for a half an hour.
- Enjoy the bathtub for once per day for several days.
Consume a cup of warm water with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar as well as some honey for about two times per day to help enhance the healing process.